At least a decade in the making

This blog was originally conceived of at least ten years ago and never quite gelled. I was extremely sick at the time and my mind was generally not clear.

It got shelved for a long time while I worked on other things, including a site dedicated to my hypothesis that "sexism and misogyny" aren't why women still fail to find parity in business and paid jobs. Instead, I believe we have a blindspot when it comes to such endeavors because most women are raised from birth to become wives and moms primarily.

Paid work is not conceived of as the highest priority for a woman. It is conceived of as the highest priority for a man.

I've compared it to how cats raised intentionally with no exposure to horizontal lines will walk into horizontal barriers, unable to see them, while having no problem walking around vertical barriers.

Perhaps I wasn't yet ready to pursue this project because first I needed to fix my blindspot and be capable of seeing certain things.